Overall aim of the course:
To provide delegates with a structure and process in order that they can develop and implement their own integrated marketing promotional campaigns.
Delegates attending this will be able to:
- Identify how integrated marketing communication will help their organisation
- Identify different marketing communications strategies to meet the business objectives
- Conduct a marketing communications audit, develop a marketing communications plan
- Adopt different tactics to promote a company and its services
- Develop a marketing communications plan to ensure budgets are maximised and resources are not wasted
- Develop key messages for the different audiences, using relevant media to promote the messages
- Monitor and evaluate the campaign
- What is marketing? What is marketing communication?
- Where are you now? – Audit marketing communications activity
- Who are your customers? What influences their decisions?
- How is the competition communicating in the market place? How will you compare?
- Understand effectiveness of previous promotional activities
- What is it you want to achieve? – Establishing your strategy, setting achievable objectives
- Developing a marketing communications plan for success
- Identify consistent, key messages
- Which channel should you use? Integrated campaigns
- AIDA approach – Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
- Consider the promotional methods available – what should you do, when?
- Advertising, Public Relations, Digital Marketing, Direct Marketing, Events and sponsorship, Selling
- Customer Care, Internal communication
- Budgets, Resources
- Planning for a crisis, Handling negative messages
- How will you ensure your campaign is a success – Test
- Monitoring and control, Re-evaluate and implement
1/2/3 days depending on the level of detail required especially with regards to each promotional tactic, templates to be delivered, role-play exercises
NOTE some of the promotional tactics are also available as stand alone courses to give delegates more in-depth practical training support as relevant, for example public relations and digital marketing.