Overall aim of the course:
To provide individuals with a structure and practical processes in order that they can develop and implement a successful marketing plan.
Delegates attending this will be able to:
- Identify the principles of marketing and what it can do for their organisation
- Recognise the importance of internal marketing
- Segment their industry and identify who they should be targeting
- Develop a customer focus for their organisation
- Market both a service as well as a product
- Identify what marketing strategies they could adopt to meet the business objectives
- Conduct a marketing audit, develop a marketing plan, learn how to evaluate that plan and keep it on track to deliver corporate objectives
- Consider different tactics to promote the company and its services to create awareness and help generate enquiries
- Have confidence to help them in making marketing decisions
- Use the practical guidance, advice and templates to conduct a marketing audit, formulate marketing plans and roll out campaigns.
- What is marketing? Basic requirements of a marketing plan
- Where are you now? Where does your business come from? Conducting a marketing audit
- Understand your market place – market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Customers – in all guises, what influences their decisions?
- External and internal factors
- Your brand – what do you stand for?
- Understand the competition – how do you compare
- Where do you want to be?
- Establish your positioning, strategies for growth
- How will you get there?
- Implementing your strategy
- Internal communication
- Budgets, Resources
- Using 7 P’s of marketing for competitive advantage
- Price, Process, Product, Physical evidence, Promotion, Place, People
- Effective communication
- The messages, The channels
- Planning for a crisis, Handling negative messages
- How will you ensure arrival?
- Monitoring and control, Implementation
2/3 days depending on the level of detail required, templates t
- be delivered, role play exercises
We worked with Win to help us with the communication related to the merging of our two companies – Browns of Hereford, and Cotswold of Cheltenham, and the promotion of our new state of the art showroom in Hereford. I am pleased to say that the PR coverage they achieved for us was excellent. We were commended by BMW GB as having one of the best PR campaigns for dealership relocation they had ever seen. Win also helped us successfully launch the new 5 and 1 Series throughout our region, developing and implementing a whole range of innovative, promotional activities.