Overall aim of the course:
To provide individuals with a structure and practical processes in order that they can develop and implement a successful marketing plan.
Delegates attending this will be able to:
- Identify the principles of marketing and what it can do for their organisation
- Recognise the importance of internal marketing
- Segment their industry and identify who they should be targeting
- Develop a customer focus for their organisation
- Market both a service as well as a product
- Identify what marketing strategies they could adopt to meet the business objectives
- Conduct a marketing audit, develop a marketing plan, learn how to evaluate that plan and keep it on track to deliver corporate objectives
- Consider different tactics to promote the company and its services to create awareness and help generate enquiries
- Have confidence to help them in making marketing decisions
- Use the practical guidance, advice and templates to conduct a marketing audit, formulate marketing plans and roll out campaigns.
- What is marketing? Basic requirements of a marketing plan
- Where are you now? Where does your business come from? Conducting a marketing audit
- Understand your market place – market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Customers – in all guises, what influences their decisions?
- External and internal factors
- Your brand – what do you stand for?
- Understand the competition – how do you compare
- Where do you want to be?
- Establish your positioning, strategies for growth
- How will you get there?
- Implementing your strategy
- Internal communication
- Budgets, Resources
- Using 7 P’s of marketing for competitive advantage
- Price, Process, Product, Physical evidence, Promotion, Place, People
- Effective communication
- The messages, The channels
- Planning for a crisis, Handling negative messages
- How will you ensure arrival?
- Monitoring and control, Implementation
2/3 days depending on the level of detail required, templates t
- be delivered, role play exercises
That was excellent, it gave me some real examples of how I can do things differently and better – thank you so much.