Overall aim of the course:
To provide delegates with an insight into the methods PR and marketing professionals use to attract customers.
Delegates attending this will be able to:
- Build awareness of their organisation, its products and services in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Recognise that PR brings long term benefits rather than immediate sales
- Develop a PR plan and communicate with customers and stakeholders
- Write effective press releases to engage with journalists and their readers
- Use online channels to raise awareness and engage with customers
- Difference between marketing and PR
- Understand your objectives and what you are trying to achieve
- Understand your target audience(s)
- For a crisis – what if things go wrong
- Messages – What do your customers care about?
- Developing relevant messages – Features, advantages, benefits
- Internal communication
- Learn about your relevant media
- How to build relationships with them
- How to write a press releases
- Ideas to attract media coverage
- Communicate with your customers
- CRM systems
- Referrals schemes
- Sales letters
- Online activity
- Social media
- Monitor and evaluate your activity
1-2 days depending on the level of detail required especially with regards to content writing, social media marketing, templates to be delivered, role play exercises
NOTE some of the promotional tactics are also available as stand alone courses to give delegates more in- depth practical training support as relevant, for example copywriting for web, social media marketing.