Overall aim of the course:
To provide graduates, team leaders and junior managers with an insight into marketing and sales and how this impacts across all disciplines in an organisation.
Delegates attending this will be able to:
- Define what marketing is and what it can do for a business
- Recognise that marketing is not just advertising or selling
- Use a sales process to improve their sales techniques
- Understand the importance of internal marketing
- Know who they should be targeting to increase sales opportunities and profits
- Definition of marketing
- Looking inside/outside the organisation
- Segmentation, targeting, positioning – understanding the customers and their requirements
- The marketing plan – how this links to corporate objectives
- Introduction to marketing mix
- Products, Pricing, people, Place, Physical Evidence, Process, Promotion (selling, delegates to compare adverts, direct marketing, internet marketing).
- Brand image
- Sales – understanding the sales process
- Introduction to selling techniques
- Appointment making
- Effective presentations
- Handling objections
- Closing the sale
1/2 days depending on the level of detail required, how much emphasis needs to be on selling and/or marketing, skills required by delegates
Laboursite Rail recently recruited the services of ex-rugby international and world cup winner Jason Leonard OBE and we were keen to maximise the publicity associated with this. We employed the services of Win to help us achieve editorial coverage and develop our corporate image, which was to include a new website and corporate literature. I am really pleased with the results they achieved and would strongly recommend them.